1. The EPA(Environmental Protection Agency) places dog waste in the same category as toxic chemicals and oil.
2. There are approximately 50 million registered dogs in the U.S., and altogether they produce about 5,000 tons of waste daily. That’s up to 3.6 billion pounds of poop a year, or enough to fill 800 football fields one foot deep in poo!
3. Contrary to what many people believe, dog waste cannot be used as fertilizer.
4. Storm water carries pet waste and other pollutants directly into waterways.
5. A pile of dog poop can take a year or more to fully breakdown. It won’t just wash away or disappear, and can pose a serious health risk to yourself and your family if not taken care of.
6. Dog waste can attract mice and other pests, and can become infested with harmful bacteria or parasites that can infect your pet.
7. A single gram of dog waste can contain 23 million fecal coliform bacteria,as well as hookworms, ringworms, tapeworms, E.coli,and salmonella.
8. Accidentally ingesting pet waste (through a water supply, etc.) can cause serious kidney disorders, intestinal illnesses, cramps, and diarrhea in humans.
You should scoop your dogs poop or have an poop scooper because your Storm water drains carries pet waste and other pollutants directly into waterways. Also animal waste adds nitrogen to the water. Excess nitrogen depletes the oxygen in water necessary for beneficial underwater grasses, wildlife and fish. Dog poop may contain harmful organisms such as Giardia, Salmonella and E. coli that can be transmitted to humans and other animals by ingesting contaminated water. Dog poop may contain Roundworms and Hookworms deposited by infected animals can live in the soil for long periods of time and be transmitted to other animals and humans. Most urban and suburban areas require you to pick up after your pet. Even if there is no restriction, cleaning up after your pet is always the right thing to do. Join the growing number of responsible and courteous pet owners may encourage hotel managers to accept pets when you are traveling and help keep fees to a minimum.
No one likes to step in pet waste and spread it into homes, cars and businesses. Having an Poop Scooping service visit on a weekly ,bi-weekly or twice a week basis and cleaning up your dog poop will help prevent the spread of harmful bacteria. It’s easy to clean up dog poop when walking your pet by carrying plastic baggies and paper towels in your pocket. The baggies can be secured and thrown away an dog poop waste receptacle and if your neighborhood don’t have one you can contact Palmetto Scoopers for pricing to help keep your neighborhood clean and safe. Also I’m sure your neighbors will appreciate the gesture of picking up your dog poop when walking them in your neighborhood.
We are a locally owned and operated company, and we pride ourselves on our friendly and professional staff. Your satisfaction is our first priority, and we will always make sure to do a quick and thorough job so that your home is as clean and safe as possible!
Hiring Palmetto Scoopers means that you won’t have to deal with the hassle of cleaning up after your beloved furry companions. And not only that, but you’ll be making the environmentally friendly choice: we always take care to dispose of pet waste properly to avoid the spread of bacteria, parasites, and pathogens into waterways, or other areas where they may cause harm.
Additionally, we donate a portion of all our profits to local rescue organizations and animal shelters. We care just as passionately about your pets as you do, and want to make sure that every animal has a chance to find their forever home!
We are fully Licensed and Insured.
Everyone loves owning pets, but no one really likes cleaning up dog poop. Luckily, Palmetto Scoopers is here to help out with those less-pleasant tasks so that you have more time to enjoy playing with your furry friends! Palmetto Scoopers provides fast, efficient, and effective pet waste management at affordable prices. We help keep your yard clean, environmentally safe, and family/visitor friendly!
Click on our Service Plans tab to get a full list of our available services, prices, and weekly package deals!